.+. this is me. this is canada. welcome to the experience of a (uni) lifetime. .+.



The Next Best Alternative


That must be the only thing I remember from taking Economics. Haha.

Anyway, because we have had a royally lonely and quiet Chinese New Year so far, a few of us met up for a belated CNY lunch at a Chinese restaurant near campus yesterday. As next-best-alternative. Haha. We went to China Legends, where they have a Meal-For-1 deal that serves enough for 3 girls. Because the girls were terribly famished, we had a Meal-for-3. Initially we wanted a round-table concept where we have a few dishes in the centre, but it's (1) out of radar and (2) even if it is, it'll probably be out of budget too. :D:D

So here we are, at China Legends! (What a lame name too, right?)
[Yup, just five of us. Kailin, Joo, Saranya, me, Cindy.]
We had a Meal-for-3, oh wait, I've already said that. Hahaha. Ok, so it comes with 3 appetizers, 3 entrees, 1 rice entree, and a pot of Chinese tea.
[Above (bottom-up): lemon chicken, fried rice with egg, bbq sliced pork, and thin szechuan egg noodles.]
[Above: the best fried rice I've had so far. In fact, the best rice I've had so far.]
5 of us had crispy wonton, spring roll, hot and sour soup, thin szechuan egg noodles, lemon chicken, bbq sliced pork, and fried rice. I tell you, the fried rice is DAMN GOOD. It's the best rice I've had so far in Canada. Best! Check out the picture above! Tastes just like home. :):)

And here we are pathetically trying to 'lao yu sheng' with the thin egg noodles. Hahaha.

It was a rainy, rainy day. Hated it! But the food was good. Yummmmm. After that we went next door for some yogurt-ice-cream, called Shiver. It's pretty much a mix-n-match thingy, so you can choose the ice-cream flavour, the toppings (like cookie dough!!!, etc.) etc etc. Quite fun! But I was too full to eat anymore so I didn't share with them. Will get it next time though, maybe when he comes! :))

Happy New Year!

0 Comments:



Post a Comment


cat(harine).

  • singapore
  • canada

weather.

  • click drop-down menu for singapore's weather!

say hi to me here!

just.

memento.

clicks.

dulness list.