.+. this is me. this is canada. welcome to the experience of a (uni) lifetime. .+.



Going Bananas


I just made banana fritters!!

And I talked to my mama today! :) HAPPY. We actually had a mini-family webcamming yesterday... it was CNY eve's eve, so everyone had a half-day off, and everyone was at home. EVERYONE was at the webcam!! :)

I miss my momma, and papa, and sister, and brother. My sister has been so good to me--acquiesing to my troublesome requests of scanning notes etc... *HUG* Thank you, darling! And I miss the smell of my mother. There's just something about a mother's smell that every little kid is bonded to. Maybe it's the time when we're just borned and nestled in the bosom of our mothers. :)

Boohoo. I miss home. And it's not even the end of the first month yet!

My mama told me how to prepare the banana fritters just now as she was preparing the ang-baos* for tomorrow.

As I slowly chewed the banana fritters, images of my home, my momma, she preparing the fritters in our kitchen... they just flashed in my mind and I couldn't read A Tale of Two Cities anymore. It's the familiar smell and taste of those fritters that pull the nostalgia trigger. SOBS.

Mummy! Papa! I miss you! I wanna go home and be their little girl again. :(


Sigh. Never mind. Don and Grace sent me their love and hugs. And it's only a few more months. Plus my darling is planning to fly here! YAY. :):)

Ok, back to my books. I've got 2 papers due next week. :S And a quiz on dialectics. :S Argh.


[*ang-baos: Literally, red-packets. "Ang-bao" is in Hokkien dialect. Typically the elders put money in red-packets to give to the young ones for good luck and blessings.]

0 Comments:



Post a Comment


cat(harine).

  • singapore
  • canada

weather.

  • click drop-down menu for singapore's weather!

say hi to me here!

just.

memento.

clicks.

dulness list.