.+. this is me. this is canada. welcome to the experience of a (uni) lifetime. .+.



Frappuccino Roads


Today is a dreary day! I woke up at 8am, later than I intended, and prepared my response paper for Troilus and Cressida, and prepare for my Contemporary Critical Theory quiz. Checked the weather today and it said "-2˚C",which wasn't too bad, actually. Checked the ground and it was clear; the sky was clear; the sun was out. Woohoo, right? Uh, NO.

I happily bundled up with a spaghetti top underneath, a long-sleeve top, my outer jacket, adidas trackpants, and my lovely boots. The heel boots. Gloves. And I set off to run for class.

I ALMOST SLIPPED at the entrance of my block!! Why? Not because I'm highly unskilled in high-heeled-wedged-boots wearing, mind, but because the ground was deceptively clear. Deceptive, why? Because it LOOKS clear, but it's actually all glossed over with ICE. So you can't see anything, right? It just looks like concrete!

I would've changed my shoes, but I was running late, and I had a quiz with the FIERCE Professor, so I just left, thinking I'll be back in a jiffy ANYWAY.

Uh, wrong again.

After my first class, I left for my next venue, only to find it pouring. That was just like, waaaaaay depressing. I didn't have my beanie with me, no umbrella, wearing rather un-warm adidas trackpants... I was like, awww MAN, no!

So it got better--slightly. If you call slushie ice paths better. It is better than glossed over ice paths, cuz you don't slip that easily. And it wasn't my boots, ok. There were people in sneakers and sturdy boots who were slipping as well. Anyway, it's really SLUSH. It has the slushie sound, the slushie crunch, the slushie look, the slushie everything. Plus everything was brown? It was really like frappuccino pavements, man.

Dreary! It was like that the whole day! It got more and more depressing because I couldn't go back after class; I had to go get a book from the bookstore for tomorrow's class. Then I had to go from the Engineering building to Modern Languages to see a Prof to sign my 'course override form', and I got the wrong building so I had to go to Hagey's Hall, and Hagey's Hall's a huge maze, and then I got to go to the Registrar's to submit the form, and FINALLY I can trudge slowly back to my room. With near-frozen thighs. Like frozen chicken thighs, you know. Haha.

I almost slipped so many freaking times, man. Hahahaah. But I am proud to say I made it back in one, unbruised piece! Kudos to me! I am henceforth the Queen of Boots! Hahahha.

Final verdict though: Wind + Rain + Slushie + Ice = I wanna go homeeeee!! :D

[I just read the truth of the matter on Kailin's blog: the temperature today (plus wind chill) was actually -18˚C! + Rain + Slushie + Ice? That is just crazy.

0 Comments:



Post a Comment


cat(harine).

  • singapore
  • canada

weather.

  • click drop-down menu for singapore's weather!

say hi to me here!

just.

memento.

clicks.

dulness list.