.+. this is me. this is canada. welcome to the experience of a (uni) lifetime. .+.



My Grandma


I just talked to my grandma on the webcam. My grandma is a kindly old lady with a lovely disposition and has the countenance of someone who has smiled through the trials of life. When our faces appeared on the tiny machine, her entire face brightened like a light was radiating from within her. I think technology is amazing, sometimes. It shrinks miles the same time it enhances them. But often, just seeing the other person instantly quells fantastical thoughts that they are at the ends of the earth and are completely uncontactable.

In short, visual sights really make us realize that we are not as far apart as we think us to be. :)

Even though my grandparents and I don't really see each other very regularly back home, my grandma still muses that she misses me. She and everyone.

"我们都很想你。"

I think it's really the fact and knowledge that I am not there in the same country, or not there where I usually am. That is really the reason why they miss us, and why we get homesick, I suppose. Because if I'm right there at home, even if we don't see each other for half a year, the feeling that 'I miss you' will not be as intense as it is now. It is, really, the knowledge that, we are a million miles apart, that sets us off the teetering edge.

0 Comments:



Post a Comment


cat(harine).

  • singapore
  • canada

weather.

  • click drop-down menu for singapore's weather!

say hi to me here!

just.

memento.

clicks.

dulness list.